This statutory Committee is a corporate decision-making body and meets on the second Thursday of each month in the Boardroom at Sovereign House. Meetings are held in public and staff members of GP practices are welcome to watch from the public gallery to find out more about what is going on. Papers for the upcoming and previous meetings can be found at http://www.doncasterccg.nhs.uk/about-us/public-meetings/
The Committee co-ordinates a common approach to collective decision making on the review, planning , procurement and budgeting of primary care medical services in Doncaster. The Committee promotes co-commissioning to increase quality, efficiency, productivity and value for money and importantly to remover administrative barriers.
Commissioning functions include:
- The design and monitoring of GMS, PMS and APMS contracts. This may include contractual action such as issuing branch/remedial notices, and removing a contract.
- Newly designed enhanced services
- Design of local incentive schemes as an alternative to QOF
- Decision making on whether to establish new GP practices in an area
- Approving practice mergers
- Decisions on “discretionary” payments
Full Membership can be viewed in the Terms of Reference (these are currently being updated)
Chair: Mrs Linda Tully (firstname.lastname@example.org)
LMC: Dr Dean Eggitt (via email@example.com)
Healthwatch: Debbie Hilditch (firstname.lastname@example.org)