An email was sent out this morning on behalf of Dr David Crichton, Chair, NHS Doncaster CCG and Mr Anthony Fitzgerald, Chief of Strategy & Delivery, NHS Doncaster CCG. It contained a number of documents for practices around Clinical Referral Thresholds and Procedures of Limited Clinical Value.
Please find links to:
- the letter outlining the process gone through to reach this point, how this will be implemented and the next steps
- the Doncaster CCG commissioned referral thresholds and POLCV for 2017 – 2019 document
- the flow chart outlining the new process which also clarifies how IFRs fit into it
- a patient information leaflet explaining procedures of limited clinical value and clinical thresholds and what it means for patients
- a banner about the broader “choosing wisely” campaign
We appreciate that practices and individuals may be at different stages in their understanding depending on whether you’ve been at the locality meetings and post-TARGET sessions where it has been discussed. Should you wish to discuss this any further please contact the primary care team or feedback through the established locality route.
Update 12/4/17 – these have been incorporated into our updated Commissioning for Value – Decision Making and Prioritisation Framework